Sunday, October 18, 2009

Favorite classes.

LVAC - Las Vegas Athletic Club
24HF - 24 Hour Fitness

BodyCombat - AWESOME class, and my favorite. Dethroned Zumba as favorite class, which is saying a lot. I have a black belt in Songahm Taekwondo so this class is right up my alley, with punches, kicks, jumps, and blocks. Total blast.

Zumba - Second favorite class. Tons of fun. It's more like a party than a fitness class, more so at LVAC. Hot Latin music, hot men, dancing for an hour... this is in the name of health, right?

24Lift - at 24HF, it's a weightlifting class. Before 24Lift, I didn't know there was such a thing as a weightlifting -class-.

ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN...

Swimming - not for me at the moment. Great for toning, and great if you can't move that well on land because of weight, but in 54 minutes I burned 263 calories, and I normally burn about 82 calories at rest in those 54 minutes, so all I got by exercising in the pool for 54 minutes was a net burn of 181 calories.

Zumba or BodyCombat... about 770 calories - let's say 91 calories for an estimated 60 minutes for BodyCombat or 106 calories for an estimated 70 minutes, so that's a net caloric burn of 664-679. 664 or 181... hmm...

My goal is to lose weight, and I get toning with the weights classes. So for me right now swimming is not a good fit.

I also really enjoyed the swimming instruction, but I'm stretched thin as it is, and it's something I'm not going to take up at this point.

So after trying it out three and a half hours in a week, I'm retiring my bathing suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment