Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What is the meaning behind Debbie Tough?

On 3/1/10 I started going to an outdoors boot camp called Boot Camp Las Vegas. It's outdoor fitness for adults (http://www.bootcamplasvegas.com). I fell in love with it during the first class. And they have a motto, and something they say after every class: Boot Camp Tough. And I have this attitude that the harder the better, so I jokingly said I was so tough I wasn't Boot Camp Tough, I was my own kind of tough, Debbie Tough. Even got a Boot Camp shirt with Debbie Tough on the back. But there's a bit of philosophy behind it. I found the boot camp mentality spilling over into my everyday life, and I went from being helpless to being ready and able to figure out anything that life threw my way, and just throwing myself into situations. So Debbie Tough is about taking the Boot Camp Tough mentality and carrying it over with me into my everyday life instead of just having it for an hour a day. It's about making that thought process of being able to handle anything (not DO anything.... HANDLE anything) part of your core so that one day you don't have to think about it (Ok, I'm Boot Camp Tough, I can handle this, etc.) and it comes out as second nature. It's about taking everything that makes you YOU and meshing it together with the Boot Camp mentality and coming out with someone who still gets afraid but does it anyway and can handle anything life throws their way. That's Debbie Tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment