Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My current workout regimen (3/16/10 - present)

I'm still settling into a routine. 


MORNINGS:  BOOT CAMP 1-1.5 hours, Monday - Friday, sometimes Saturdays

In the morning at 9:30a I have a one hour Boot Camp Las Vegas session, but members always stay behind and do extra stuff, and most days I run an extra mile, so it usually runs 1.5 hours.  Our warm-up is a mile run which is sometimes replaced by weighted vest runs or tire pull runs, either individual or team (with bigger tires).  For upper body days we do things like lift rocks to build "forts."  We run uphill a lot.  We run a lot, period.  We use nature mostly and equipment consists of cones, pieces of paper with writing on them (100 sit-ups), tires, harnesses, weighted vests, medicine balls, and the occasional dumbbell.  If you've ever seen Rocky IV, there's a montage where Draco is training in a high-tech gym and Rocky is training in nature.  Boot Camp is nature.

I do this five times a week, Monday - Friday.  I go most weeks to Saturday's class.  Since the gym doesn't have many afternoon and night weekend classes, I may skip it for gym classes.  This week for instance I'll be at the gym where I'll be doing three classes straight, cycle, Zumba, and Boot Camp (24 Hour Fitness' version of it).  No Boot Camp classes available Sundays, so I try to take two gym classes and then do the ChaLean Extreme Deluxe workout.

EARLY AFTERNOON - SLEEP

Then I get home and I sleep until the afternoon (I work the overnight shift).  I usually get home around noon and sleep until 4p or 5p, depending on what I have that night.  I get 7-8 hours on Wednesday and Thursday nights.


LATE AFTERNOON / NIGHT - One gym class, ChaLean Extreme Deluxe at home

Then I take a gym class at 24 Hour Fitness or Las Vegas Athletic Club.  It's cardio since I do weights at home.  Each day I take a different class and I like to vary the instructors.  I usually take a Zumba or TurboKick or Cycle.  On Sundays I may double up since there's no Boot Camp on Sundays.

I also do ChaLean Extreme Deluxe at home, which is a resistance training DVD program.  It has two rest days.  On those two rest days I substitute a mind/body/cardio DVD called willPower and Grace (I'm a trainee instructor) along with doing the wP&G DVD on one of the weights days (so that I do THAT three times a week).  I do this in-between the gym and work and it's usually 45-60 minutes.

So it's around 3-3.5 hours of exercise a day.  I'm training for a 20K half marathon on June so I'll be running a lot more in preparation for it.  I can do about 10K now.


This burns right around 3K calories a day Monday through Saturday which allows me to eat around 2K, and on Sundays I haven't established a burn rate yet since I've been having instructor trainings the past couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment