Saturday, December 19, 2009

Introduction - notes on the blog posts.

At first I just put some info here and then more detailed stats but it wasn't until the 24 classes post that I started really blogging and I liked it so much that I kept doing it the next week (this week) and plan to continue it.  I like to have a snapshot of the changes inside as well as the changes outside.  I don't think I missed much because I think while the changes were preparing to happen, most of them started actually happening last week, so I got it all on record.

Here's my mantra:  Safety first.  Know your body, know your limits, live your body.  Don't do what you should do, do what you can do.

Keep that in mind as you read what I write.  I am not about to land myself in a hospital.  If you're going to push your body hard, you have to build it up with food, rest, and care.  Food is my friend.  Helps me to manipulate my body.

I refer a lot to things that happen in the past so you may be a bit lost sometimes if you start reading from the middle of what I write.  It's a continuous running commentary.

One important thing is that the one thing I believe in is to be constantly changing, evolving, learning, researching.  I started eating just about 1100 calories a day because that's about how much filled me up, then upped it to 1300 in preparation for heavy weights, then 1500, then 1600, now 1700-1800.  I was a firm believer of 40-40-20 protein/carbs/fat, but now I lean more towards 25-55-20 protein/carbs/fat.  Just because I write something it doesn't mean I'm taking that belief to the grave.  I like to listen and learn from people (and books and the web and magazines, etc.), and I will change my mind if the evidence warrants it.  The one certain thing is that things are always changing.  So just because I say something on one blog entry doesn't mean I won't be espousing the opposite view in the next one.

I log what I eat just to have a record, not to show people what to eat.  I didn't set out to eat as healthy as possible, I set out to eat as healthy as I could.  For one thing I've never eaten vegetables in my life.  This blog is not about telling you what to do, this blog is about chronicling a life-changing journey and inviting you to share in it.

Have fun, do what you can do, and take care of your body so that your body can take of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment