Sunday, December 6, 2009

24 Classes In One Week at 24 Hour Fitness - Questions And Answers

Why am I doing this?

Short answer:  Because I can.
Longer answer:  I am 174-174.5 lbs right now.  I can't remember the last time I was at this weight.  I have been overweight and/or obese my whole life, never a normal weight throughout my whole teenage and adult life and some of my childhood, and most of my teenage and adult life I have been obese.  I can do things now.  And it's great.  Someone said this morning that the spirit is there but the body, not so much.  I missed my body in my 20's, but at least I get to discover my body in my 30's.  I want to find out what my body feels and looks like fit.  I want to discover my body.  I want to challenge it, to feel it, to live it, to experience it, to use it.

THERE ARE SOME GROUNDRULES

1.  If at any time, even from the first class, I feel it's too much, it stops.
2.  I will not end up in the hospital over this.  It's about FITness, not SICKness.
3.  16+ ounces of water mandatory per class.
4.  I'm estimating 10k net calories burned through exercise alone, meaning I have to eat what I burn at rest, or minimum caloric intake of 2000 a day, required.
5.  One protein bar in-between each class when taking more than one.
6.  First and foremost this is about FUN, so FUN must be had at all times.
7.  No sleep, no class.

No comments:

Post a Comment